In your work

Below you find a list of changes in your work that may influence your pension.

  • Part-time work
  • Change of employer
  • Unemployment
  • Occupational disability

Part-time work

Any changes in the number of hours that you work often influence your pension. The amounts that the Pension Fund reserves for your pension are based on your salary. If you work less or more hours, your salary changes and so will your pension. If you work more hours, you will accrue more pension. If you work less hours, you will also accrue less pension. The level of your pension premium is automatically adjusted. You do not have to do anything

Change of employer

if you change employers, note the following issues.

Paid-up entitlements

Did you participate in the PCN pension plan and are you leaving service? You remain entitled to your retirement pension, i.e. the retirement pension that you have accrued until that moment.

Another employer

If you stop working at the government, education, healthcare sector and affiliated companies in the Dutch Caribbean, your pension accrual with the PCN Pension Fund will also be terminated. If you go to another employer, you will most likely continue saving for your pension there. The pension that you have accrued with the PCN Pension Fund remains yours. You can take it with you to your new pension fund or insurance company or leave it with the pension fund.

Value transfer

You can also transfer your pension to the pension plan of your new employer. This is called 'value transfer'. You need to file a request in writing to the pension administrator of your new employer for this value transfer. You will then receive a statement (tender) within two months. If you agree with this tender, the value transfer from the PCN Pension Fund to the new pension fund can begin.


If you become unemployed, your employment with your employer will be terminated. If you do not work anymore, you no longer pay pension premium and do not accrue pension. The pension that you have accrued remains yours and stays with the pension fund, unless you have it transferred.

Occupational disability

If you are entirely disabled and you can no longer work, you may be entitled to a disability pension. You can submit a request with the Pension Fund. The Pension Fund decides on your request after a medical examination. The disability pension is equal to the retirement pension you could have accrued at the AOV retirement age, plus a supplement until the AOV retirement age equal to 1.75% of the offset multiplied by the number of years of service until the AOV retirement age.